Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hola
Well this week has been SOOO busy. Training takes a little extra time because I have to show him how to do everything and we have an extra hour at home everyday for his training but along with that almost everyday this week we had some type of meeting or something, Tuesday- trainers meeting (3 hours in the mission offices), Wednesday- World wide missionary training (2 hours in the stake center, it was really good by the way, it was like general conference but only for missionaries), Thursday- Leadership meeting (3 hours in the offices and then after I had to go to fill out my visa paperwork now that I almost have a year), Friday- weekly planning... then on top of all of that an Elder in my district Elder Rios from Chihuahua got apendicitis (I think thats how you spell it) and was put in the hospital on wednesday, he is also training so his poor companion (Elder Jimenez from Arizona) had 2 days in the mission and had to be in the hospital 4 days and then at home for another week, we had to go to the hospital everyday so that I could go with Elder Jimenez so he could shower and eat and my companion stayed with Elder Rios in the hospital. Super busy. 
But Elder Gómez (my new companion) is really great, I like him a lot! It's super fun to be with him and we are both learning a ton! We're finding lots of new people and I hope we'll have some baptisms soon, Rodolfo has his baptismal date ....again for the 6th and then Erika's parents (Alberto and Georgina) on the 14th and the Mendoza family ...again and a new girl Itzel for the 28th. We're hoping for more in the next few days. We also found a whole bunch of inactive people this week too! There are so many members in Mexico City but a ton of inactives! We're hoping we can reactivate some and recieve some refernces from them.
Today we had the Zone activity we played minute to win it and we ate some really good tacos. Our zone is really great again. My disitrict is Balbuena: Elder Rios- Chihuahua Mexico, Elder Jimenez- Pheonix Arizona, Hermana Fuqua- Moab Utah, Hermana Chavez- Orlando Florida, Olimpico: Elder Gutierrez- Sinaloa Mexico and Elder Gonzales- Memphis Tennessee. Also my friend Elder Pacheco- Yucatan, Mexico from my generation is in my zone.
I know that Heavenly Father knows what we need and where we need to be I'm learning a lot from Elder Gómez and I know theres still a lot for me to do here in Mixihuca. 
Yeah well luckily I was only sick 24hrs, Elder Feller didn't get sick, and the bathroom was way close so I didnt throw up all over everything haha. 
(sad fact: Elder Gómez is alergic to mayo and ketchup). 
Love you lots thanks for writing  and have a great week!
Elder Inskeep

No comments:

Post a Comment