Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hola papas!
 
Evelyn's baptism (we learned her real name is Evelia which makes it easier because we already have an Evelin) was great!! We went to practice the baptismal interview with her and the family on wednesday and her husband actually knew it better than her. Then we found out we needed a special interview so we had to go to the offices at the temple so she could be interviewed by president, so it was a good excuse to get her husband to go to the visitor center and she knew it, she told him she needed him to go with her. It was great, the moment he walked in I know he felt something and he loved the Cristus, and took a whole bunch of pictures, then when Evelyn was done we took a tour, we went through the Eternal Families exhibit and then watched a mormon message about not procrastinating. The sisters who took us on the tour did a great job (a sister from Sinaloa, Mexico that has been out as long as I have and a brand new sister from Ecuador) he really changed after that. He needs to go to church and he still refuses because he has to work, the sad thing is is that I understand, he sells potatos in the Merced Market everyday and works from 4 in the morning until 5 or 6 at night and does not make very much, of course Sunday is the biggest day in sales, I wish he would just go once and he would see a difference. I know he will be baptised some day though, and hopefully his kids, nephews nieces and sister soon. 

Its good to hear that the stake conference went well! We have stake conference this weekend too. 
I dont know what the difference is here with the converts but I think its just because they're ready. It really is amazing that the last 11 people baptised in this ward are 100% active. They're so great, I really love this area, I think I'll probably have transfers soon because I've been here a while and I'm going to be sad about it. I already told you they dont have thanksgiving here but the Lugo twins invited us to eat thanksgiving dinner with them on thursday which is exciting, they told me that I have to show them how to do thanksgiving or Dia de Acción de Gracias. haha. Yeah it was so great that Arturo, Josafat, and Rey (a convert from a few weeks before I got here) were ordained Priests in the Aaronic Priesthood, it was also way cool Ferndando (our ward mission leaders brother who is 17, a priest, and goes on visits with us everyweek) was able to ordain them. They will be ordained to the Melchezidek in the Stake Conference. They are all progressing so well. 

I am so thankful that I was born to goodly parents in the gospel of Jesus Christ. That I'm a citizen of the United States of America. And that I am serving a mission in la Cuidad de México. I'm SO grateful for the great examples you have been to me and for your testimonies in my life to strengthen mine, I'm thankful for your patience. I'm thankful that I have 6 siblings and for everyone of them and their examples to me and everything they've taught me. I'm thankful I grew up in Blackfoot, Idaho and all of the friends I met there and their help to me. I'm also grateful for all of the people I have met here in México; the members, my companions, and my converts. I have learned so much here and I'm grateful for that and all the experiences I've had. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be a better person through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the ability I have to help others do the same and see their progress. 
I love you soo much and have a great week!!! Happy Thanksgiving 🍗 and Happy Birthday to Anna!! Tell everyone iHola!
Elder Inskeep

No comments:

Post a Comment